Question: Can you microwave Ramen? Can you put ramen in the microwave?
Short Answer: Yes, you can microwave ramen.
Longer Answer: You can microwave ramen and still get the same delicious results from stove-cooked ramen. The following steps will tell you how to microwave ramen and other neat tricks you can use to enhance the taste of ramen.
- The first thing to do is find a microwavable bowl. Some people even use pyrex as it does not explode when used in the microwave.
- Open the ramen from the packaging. Some also prefer to break the ramen into shorter noodles while still inside the packet to make it easier to eat or to make soup-noodle, while some prefer to slurp long ramen noodles. It all depends on how you eat your noodles.
- Now add water into your microwavable bowl until it covers the ramen or depending on the amount of soup you want. Most people prefer to break the ramen to fit in the bowl easily.
- You can also heat just the water first before adding the noodle and the flavoring. Inside the microwave, the water will not be boiling like the stove-cook as the bowl get heated from all direction and not focus the heat from the bottom. However, it will be hot enough to cook the ramen. You can add the ramen and flavoring once the water is heated.
- Let the ramen cook in the microwave for up to 5 mins. You can also cook for about two minutes and let the ramen sit for another two minutes inside the microwave. This will thoroughly cook the ramen as well as allow the flavors get infused on to the noodles. You can also add vegetable or meat of your choice to improve the taste of your ramen.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the microwave using oven gloves. You can now enjoy your microwave ramen.