Question: Can you microwave beets? Can you put beets in the microwave?
Short Answer: Yes you can microwave beets.
Long Answer: Indeed, it is really quite an easy process to microwave beets. This is the simplest method to preparing beets for eating.
- Cut the greens off. Keep them and store them in an airtight plastic bag. They are edible.
- Dispose of the tails.
- Scrub the roots very well.
- Put the whole beets unpeeled in a microwave-safe bowl. Peeling after they have been cooked is much easier than doing it before.
- Put a little bit of water in the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with clear wrap.
- Microwave for five minutes.
- Take them out. Allow them to cool.
- Peel, dice and flavor as you like.
- When storing in the refrigerator, pit them in an airtight container.
There are a large variety of beets including white, golden, candy cane and red. The most popular and most readily available on the market are the red.
Beets also come in various sizes from golf ball to soft ball. The problem is, the larger they get, the led flavor they have. It’s best to buy the smaller to medium size.
They are available all year long, but peak season is June to October. Everyone knows it’s best to buy peak. The taste is best and the cost is lower at that time of year.
The best way to tell if a beet is ready to buy is if it’s nice and firm and has a rich color. The taste will be a natural, sweet, earthy goodness.
Beets are known to be a blood purifier and are loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. They have things like folate, magnesium, potassium, copper, fiber, manganese, vitamin C, iron, vitamin B6.
Having a healthy snack is Easy, just microwave some beets!