Question: Can You Microwave Corn On The Cob?
Short answer: Yes
You can make a quick delicacy by using a microwave to prepare corn. Given that it’s on the cob, it takes you very easy steps to prepare it. With corn, you get good nutritional value with calories and vitamins of up to 10 and 7% respectively. Another great point with corn comes with good roughage which eases in indigestion. You have the whole grain, which is not refined at all
Here are the brief steps:
- Peel off the husks and the silk off your cobs completely.
- Place your Cobs on a shallow plate in which you have put in some water. The water will help in steaming up the corn.
- Cover your cobs with another plate.Note that your choice of plates should be as adequate enough to conceal the cobs.
- Place your cobs in the microwave and steam for a duration ranging from 4 to 5 minutes. When the kernels are ready, they take on a darker color than the initial one- when they were raw. Also, note that you can do four cobs at a go. In this case, just steam them for 2 to 3 minutes and then turn them over and do another 2-3 minutes.
- When fully steamed, remove them from the microwave and drain off the water. At this stage, you can then put on the corn holder on both ends of the cobs.
Adding a different flavor to corn after steaming with the microwave
The sweetness of corn blends with many flavors. Make your own choices with regard to what best appeals to your tastes. Adding some salt is recommended but not mandatory. By holding the cobs using the corn holders, you can spread a thin layer of butter on the kernels